The chance to commute easily in London can be hard to resist, so before you jump on the seat. Here are a few tips to help you choose the used bike or scooter that is right for you.
1. How you want to use your bike can help you narrow down your choices and make it a lot easier for you to find what you want:-
– Commuting to work
– Weekend run around
– For work ie courier or parking attendant
2. The motorbike licence you hold determines the type of bike you can ride and the type of insurance you can get. Check to see which motorbike licence you hold:-
A – means you are unrestricted in the size and power of bike you ride
A2 – is a motorbike licence for those aged 20 and below (restricted to bikes of maximum 33bhp.
A1 – you can ride a bike from 125cc and up to 14.6bhp
3. Who you buy your used bike from is also important to consider. A dealer like RideMe London offers you certain guarantees that you would not get from a private transaction. Here are some of the things RideMe automatically checks on any used motorbike before we advertise it for sale:-
– Finance status of the bike
– Accident history
– Outstanding warranties
– Service history
– Ownership documentation
– Full body work inspection
4. Be sure to book a test drive and where possible always view the bike in daylight under dry conditions.
There are many more considerations and taking the time to run through your checklist is a good place to start. RideMe sales representatives are also on hand to help answer any further questions you may have.